Establishment of a Family Court and Rules Relating to Family Law Cases
- 1. Effective April 1, 2005, a Family Court for the 25th Judicial Circuit is hereby established pursuant to Chapter 487, RSMo, 2004. This Family Court, which shall not have a Family Court Commissioner, shall operate for the purposes, principles and goals promulgated by Chapter 487, RSMo, 2004 at seq.
- 2. Family Law cases for the purposes of this title, will apply to Dissolution of Marriage, Legal Separation, Family Access, Motions for Modification, Paternity, cases filed under Chapter 455 RSMo., Guardianships of Minor Children and all cases in the Juvenile Division of the Circuit Court.
- 3. Other classes of cases enumerated under Section 487.080, RSMo, 2004 are not under the auspices of the 25th Judicial Circuit Family Court. Jurisdiction will continue as provided in other Rules of the 25th Judicial Circuit Court and continuing Orders of the Presiding Judge.
- 4. This Rule 68 shall be applicable to all family law cases filed after April 1, 2005 or thereafter filed in or transferred to Phelps, Pulaski, Texas and Maries Counties. To the extent a provision of any other Local Court Rule conflicts with any provision of this Rule 68, this rule shall govern.
- 5. For the purposes of Rule 68, “date of service” is defined as the date upon which service of process of the initial pleading is obtained upon a responding party, or the filing date of an Entry of Appearance by a responding party waiving service of process of the initial pleading.