Administrative Order Number 10
Order of Disbursement of Family Justice Funds
Pursuant to the purpose and intent of the Family Court of the 25th Judicial Circuit, Judge Tracy L. Storie, Presiding Judge, hereby makes the following orders.
WHEREAS, by authorization and action of the 25th Judicial Circuit acting En Banc, Circuit Clerks have been authorized to collect the sum of $30.00 for family law cases and to place them in the Family Justice Fund in each county; and
WHEREAS, by action and authorization of the Court acting En Banc, said funds are to be expended in the following percentages:
- 1. 65% for the provision of mediation services, payment of services for guardians ad litem when a parent or parents are indigent, transportation assistance, supervised visitation, and drug testing; and
- 2. 35% for administrative purposes.
NOW, THEREFORE, IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED AND DECREED that Circuit Clerks are ordered to do the following:
- 1. On a quarter annual or more frequent basis pay all sums collected to the Family Court Coordinator for the 25th Judicial Circuit.
- 2. The Family Court Coordinator shall deposit 35% of the gross amounts received in and to the administrative account for uses and purposes more fully set forth in Administrative Order Number 12.
- 3. Further, the Family Court Coordinator is directed to keep a separate account of each county’s Family Justice Fund so that the payment for mediation, Guardian ad Litem, or service fees is only made from funds generated in that county.
- 4. The Family Court Coordinator is authorized and directed to disburse funds from the Family Justice Fund for Guardian ad Litem fees upon a) any order of the Presiding Judge; and b) any order for payment of GAL fees by a Judge having jurisdiction in the case.
- 5. The Family Court Coordinator is authorized to pay, without any court order, payment for mediation services under the contract with M.A.R.C.H. Mediation up to four (4) hours for mediation services plus any administrative fee authorized pursuant to contract between the 25th Judicial Circuit and M.A.R.C.H. Mediation. In addition, the Family Court Coordinator is authorized to pay any cancellation fee to M.A.R.C.H. pursuant to the terms of the contract.
- 6. The Family Court Coordinator is authorized to pay invoices for supervised visitation, said visitation shall be restricted to a cap of $1,000.00 a case/family, except as directed by a signed court order.
- 7. Payment of transportation assistance shall be restricted to a cap of $300.00 a case/family, except as directed by a signed court order. Further, the Family Court Coordinator shall obtain permission from the Family Court Administrative Judge before authorizing ordering further gas cards.
- 8. The Family Court Coordinator shall obtain permission from the Family Court Judge before ordering further drug testing kits.
- 9. The Family Court Coordinator is directed to set up a separate fund designated as the Administrative Fund of the Family Justice Fund for the 25th Judicial Circuit. Payment shall be made from that account as authorized by Administrative Rule Number 12 or other directives issued by the Presiding Judge.
This Order is effective March 1, 2012 and to remain in effect until further order of this Court.
SO ORDERED this 1st day of March, 2012..
Tracy L. Storie, Presiding Judge